Sunday 19 October 2014

Journey's End

I count all the
                 tiny little joys
                 I've been trying to collect
                 but the sum comes to naught
                 meaningless gestures.

Then I try walking
                 to the end of the earth
                 where the sky sweeps downwards
                 to embrace the red hot earth
                 waiting at life's horizon
                 bathing it in it's cool
                 both mingling and merging
                 to become one.
                 But the rainbow fades
                 even as I hurry to touch it.

Then I walk to the ocean
                 where the shore and wave
                 mingle and merge
                 till I can make not
                 one from the other .
                 The ocean teaches me
                 to collect all the small little joys
                 and make
                 an ocean of love, larger than life,
                 and to wait
                 patiently  at the shore
                 till  'HE' accepts it.
                 Copyright @r. Sunil Kaushal



2 comments: