Friday 9 March 2018




                                                  WHY DO WE ALLOW THIS?


After all the posts carrying complaints and grudges against the males in our lives, I feel we women should look inwards too.

Atrocities, female foeticide, domestic abuse , discrimination at work places- everything is happening - sadly true for many around the world, but, but....there are many good men too. Not everything bad that happens to women is perpetrated by men.


Many questions beg an answer, which we women should ask ourselves before crying foul :-

- why do educated, earning, thinking, independent women still allow this to happen ?
- do we ourselves overcome the self limiting beliefs drilled in our heads since centuries.
- do we work on ourselves - stand on our own feet.
- we women are emotional sponges, that is not an asset certainly.
- we confuse love and sexuality.
- age old traditions fetter are feet.  Do we have the courage to cut them and stop bothering about who thinks what about me?
- do we respect and love ourselves above everybody else. It is not being selfish - it is being self centered.
-  do I command respect or keep demanding /begging for it?
- am I as a package above reproach or faults ? If we expect to be accepted as we are , isn't it fair that we return the same attitude for men ?

We will have lots more power when  our roots are strong - get educated / learn a skill / learn self defense / learn about money and investments/ stop playing the dainty darling and then expect to be treated as an equal. Be strong to be considered strong.

We women tend to be clingy and dependent and then demand independence - can't have your cake and eat it too !!!

I know some may not agree with me -
this is my take - not that I have had an easy life - I've been through hell's brimstone , hit rock bottom, climbed out from abyss' of gloom to great achievements, recognition, reveled at peaks of glory and enjoy a great life today.

BECAUSE -
I BELIEVED IN MYSELF AND MY DREAMS !!
DO IT FOR YOURSELF
NOW - TODAY !!  SOAR HIGH !!
WITH LOVE TO ALL OF YOU !!

Sketch by my 11 year old grand- daughter
SUHANI

                                                                            

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sunil. Goosebumps all the way! Wow! I love the honesty of your words.
    "stop playing the dainty darling and then expect to be treated as an equal. Be strong to be considered strong." Sums it up.
    Thank you for this share-worthy post.
    I've sent you a fb friend request.
    Looking forward to a reading more here. Have a beautiful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting and your positive vibes Arti.
      I wish there were more women like you - who've battled and won. One week late I'm wishing you a great Sunday - relax and live queen style !!

      Delete