Saturday 16 September 2017

 



 
                                                       WHAT CAN I DO ?
                                                       
 


 




What can I do

when nostalgia beckons and poignancy bites,

 for the fragrance of your breath

has embroidered into the very fabric of my being.

It’s been a sad and lonely journey

yearning, burning.

The rhythm of my thoughts and body

resonate to the rhythms of your thoughts and body,

my tongue speaks the language of yours

and my mind wanders back and forth

into the labyrinth of past memories

and I closely guard those memories

in the sacred temple of the heart

where your abode is.

 

Layers of time delude me into believing

you are around.

It feels like forever

and yet like yesterday

when life swallowed my dreams and desires

and I learnt

to hide my tears before they fall

pining to go back

into the lanes of those carefree days.

Please recall that you loved me once

please remind yourself that I love you still.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment