Monday 4 June 2018


                                                             RECALL


                                                
                            ADDRESSING A WORTHY AUDIENCE  OF ROTARIANS  
                                                                  (1982)                    

 Just found a handful of pictures (out of hundreds that got lost or misplaced during my gypsy travels all over the globe), to remind me of days when I was younger and so enthusiastic about doing something to change circumstances for women, children,  for world peace, against terrorism and many other such social issues.

 
 A MEETING WITH PRIME MINISTER, SHRI RAJEEV GANDHI, ALONG WITH A DELEGATION FOR PEACE IN PUNJAB AS VICE PRESIDENT , NATIONAL THINKERS FORUM, INDIA .
 Seen in these pictures are some lifelong friends and companions who walked beside me, supporting and encouraging always. Interestingly, many of my interactions were with politicians although I don’t understand the ‘p’ of politics ! However, that did not deter me from pushing my point. The results just happened !                                             

 
                                 HOLDING A PRESS CONFERENCE AS VICE PRESIDENT-
      NATIONAL THINKERS FORUM ALONG WITH PRESIDENT   Late Mr. D. P. SEHGAL-
my most respected guide, mentor and support. The gentleman revered and loved by all whose lives he touched, someone who epitomized dignity and universality. Sorely missed by all of us.

I am quite satisfied at this stage of my life, that I gave my best to my family, my country, my patients, friends and society in general. Although I am not as active now, I still like to write about these issues along with the solutions which I have been able to explore and apply in my own personal life. Through press conferences, meetings with the highest in power and as president and chairperson of various organizations I was able to make some significant changes for women and children.                                           

             APPRISING THE THEN CHIEF MINISTER OF PUNJAB- S. DARBARA SINGH
                                       about the rampant cases of dowry deaths.
   Seen in the picture are MRS. KUMUD SEHGAL (beside me) w/o MR. D. P. SEHGAL
(standing beside the Chief Minister).
My children always accompanied me for them to imbibe correct values from childhood. My elder son , Vishal is seen here as a small boy of six.                                          

             WITH THE PRESIDENT, LION'S CLUB INTERNATIONAL AT SRINAGAR-1982
AFTER RECEIVING THE BEST LIONESS PRESIDENT ASIA  AWARD for work done for the upliftment of women and children.
 
                          

 PRESENTING A MEMORANDUM TO THE THEN GOVERNOR OF PUNJAB, SHRI CHENNA REDDY  as Lioness President, Jalandhar, during a mass marriage ceremony of almost 200 poor boys and girls by Lioness Club, Jalandhar.                                    

                      WELCOMING MINISTER BALRAM JHAKAR TO A MEETING Of        PROGRESSIVE THINKERS FORUM.

                                                                                 
 
ADDRESSING A GATHERING IN SLUM AREAS DURING A FAMILY PLANNING MOTIVATIONAL CAMP BY Lioness club and Hospital Welfare committee , Jalandhar(Punjab).
Under this scheme I booked and conducted more than 150 free antenatal check ups for 9 months and later free deliveries for poor women, along with free medicines, in my own nursing home. This scheme ran for almost a year.
 Through these few pictures I wish to convey to the younger generation that although I was a busy practitioner I made time to fulfill my duties as a responsible citizen. When I hear this catch phrase on everybody’s lips today- ‘There’s no time’- I want to ask them how they make time for hours on smart phones, gossiping, visiting malls, taking holidays abroad, eating out every other day, movies , etc. It only reflects their priorities and choices. Today’s Indian demands many just and unjust rights, conveniently forgetting duties. One has to deposit in a bank to be able to withdraw.
My contribution to society as a spokesperson for the underdog has been a soul satisfying journey and I feel every minute I spent was so was fruitful and useful. It has enriched my life in every way.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Sunil, your are of great inspiration to me and many others. With love, Livia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much dear Livia for visiting my blog and your kind words. Much love .

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete