Saturday 30 August 2014

Inspiration in many Avatars

        Last year, I was reading a book, "Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui" by Karen Kingston. I would recommend it to everyone, whether they clutter or not and even those who do not believe in Feng Shui. It is a small book, simply written.
        It inspired me to start de-cluttering my room. I decided to start with my desk. Removing books kept for reading later, along with papers kept for sorting, I came across a bundle that contained an assortment of diaries and some papers. They were my writings which Siddhant had reluctantly sent me, assuming I would again shelve them away. He was correct. I had once again shoved them out of sight and forgotten all about them. As I sunned and aired the yellowing musty papers and my room kept getting cleared of mounds and boxes full of stuff, I was ready to part with, something opened up in the rusted portion of my creative mind as well to let in the warmth and satisfaction of creative achievement.
        Writing about his own journey Siddhant had written , "When my mother gave me her blessings along with her writings, she inspired me to write. I read like I had never read before and I write like I'll never stop writing." His words touched and inspired me .
        As I started writing once again, out tumbled memories about family, friends, patients, spiritual teachers, acquaintances, even strangers who had touched my life with their magic wand. It had fired my imagination and I would peep into their minds and peek into their lives' spinning stories.
        Vidisha, my daughter, who has always encouraged me in my creativity, promptly bought me a laptop, giving me some lessons on operating it and kept cheering me on. Vishal, my eldest, helped me by sitting on the side-lines and liking whatever I did. His silence is eloquent.
        Creating space in my room had led to creating space in my mind as well. I was empowered and energised. My asset, was the immense store-house of experiences over a lifetime. I was prepared to launch on an exciting journey of realising long forgotten dreams. I was ready to be Reborn at 70.





5 comments:

  1. Very inspiring and the beauty lies in its simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi please let my mom know who this is and thank u for your appreciation. :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the appreciation. May I know who has written this so I may know you in future. Pls. keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely write up Sunil! I like the way you relate the idea of de-cluttering and simplifying with writing down one's thoughts, feelings....makes one go deeper into understanding what really happens when we write. You have named your blog very well, I look forward to reading more on your blog.

    ReplyDelete